Travel with Tobey and Sue

Travel with Tobey and Sue
Tobey and Sue in Africa

Monday, February 3, 2020

February 3, 2020 - Tulum, Mexico

We bought bicycles today! We figured out that it will actually be cheaper for us since we will be here for a month than renting! No gears, but hand brakes. My bike is red and I got a white basket; Tobey’s bike is black. Two bikes, one basket, and one bike lock – $4,648 pesos. ($247US) We checked with a couple of the rental places and they will probably buy our bikes back at the end of the month for about half. We will see.We headed over to one of the markets for some mangos, bananas, and watermelon then headed back to the apartment for lunch and naps.

This afternoon, we headed out on the bikes and spent an hour riding around town. I did okay keeping up with Tobey in town, but I am not ready for any cross-country rides!

We played gin this afternoon and I managed to win our first game. I am sure Tobey is just going easy on me so I give him another chance!

We biked to dinner tonight – more tacos al pastor at El Nero. We plan to watch a movie tonight and probably head to the beach tomorrow.

No comments: