Travel with Tobey and Sue

Travel with Tobey and Sue
Tobey and Sue in Africa

Friday, February 3, 2017

February 3, 2017 - Tulum, Mexico

This morning Tobey, Joann, and I rode bicycles from the apartment to the beach at El Paraiso Hotel. “Pariaso” means paradise, and while it was beautiful, I think that Tobey and I still prefer the southern beach area near La Zebra. It was an easy ride even though the bikes have no gears and mine only has pedal brakes – not hand brakes!

We rented chairs and spent the day by the water. Tobey and I walked to the most northern part of the beach and could see part of the Tulum Ruins. The beach ends and it is very rocky, so you can’t walk all the way there. I didn’t’ take my camera, so we will probably need to go back one more time just so I can take pictures! I was wearing my Broncos visor and a young couple on the beach asked if we were from Colorado. They were also from Fort Collins! We enjoyed visiting with them and hearing about their experiences so far in Mexico. It is really a small world!

The water was a little cool, but it felt good to get in because the temperature was about 84 degrees! Tobey and I shared chicken quesadillas at the restaurant. They were pretty tasty. We headed home about 3pm.

This evening Barbara and Chris invited us to join them and some other friends from Tulum for drinks and appetizers. It was fun hearing about their lives here and business opportunities and challenges.

Tomorrow we will see what adventure awaits!

No comments: