Travel with Tobey and Sue

Travel with Tobey and Sue
Tobey and Sue in Africa

Thursday, February 2, 2017

February 2, 2017 - Tulum, Mexico



We understand that Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow and is predicting six more weeks of winter … but you wouldn’t know it here in Tulum! After raining most of the night, today turned out to be a hot, sunny day.

We both slept in until 9 this morning, then quickly got around to go to the supermarket with Barbara and Joanna. Joanna arrived last night from NY and has stayed here before, so it was great to see her again. She will be staying all month, as well.  We were able to do a “big shop” at Chedraui since we had transportation both ways. YEAH!

I was so tired from the shopping I had to take a nap until lunchtime! After lunch we borrowed bikes from Barbara and Chris and went exploring a little. A stop at the ATM, then we went to check out a new (to us) vegetable/fruit market. We picked up 3  mangos and 2 bananas before heading back to the apartment. (25 pesos – just over $1USD)

Tobey took a nap and I sat out by the pool with a book. Later in the afternoon, Barbara and Joanna joined Tobey and I to visit by the pool. I got a chance to show off pictures of our new granddaughter. I miss her already!

We fixed dinner and will have a quiet evening. Tomorrow Tobey, Joanna, and I are going to ride bikes to the beach.

No comments: