Travel with Tobey and Sue

Travel with Tobey and Sue
Tobey and Sue in Africa

Friday, January 28, 2022

January 28, 2022 - Monteverde, Costa Rica

Ann and Gary were craving an American breakfast so we went to Stella’s Restaurant this morning. The food was good and prices were reasonable. French toast and fruit for me, eggs, hash browns, rice and beans, cheese for Tobey. Pretty tasty and we had a close up view of the Capuchin monkeys that were in the restaurant’s garden!monkeyWe had reservations for 100% Aventura zip line and I had to wonder if I was crazy since I am not fond of heights. We got all suited up and listened to the instructions and were ready to go. 20220128_110442We had a short trial zip followed by a little longer one. Those weren’t too bad.zip 1THEN we had to go across a hanging bridge. Oh my gosh, I HATED it! Even though we were attached with a cable, crossing that bridge was awful. Swinging, wide spaces between the planks, and a long way down! You can see the start of it in the picture below.zip 1aWe had five more zip lines to do, each one increasing in length. Ann 2Tobey 1Gary 3After the first seven zips, we had a Rappel down. It didn’t really feel like a rappel – they hooked us a little differently then we jumped off the platform backwards and bounced slowly (not that slow!) to the ground. We had another long zip before the really crazy stuff!

The Superman Zip was two parts – the first 5220 feet – just under a mile!!!! We were strapped in around our bodies and feet and then they let us go. The first part of the swing we kept our arms crossed against our chests, then we were supposed to extend them out. While mine were crossed, I was praying I would make it to the other side!Gary 2zip AnnTobey 2Sue 4Who would have thought I could do it? Not me.

We had ONE more torture activity before we were finished – the Mega Tarzan Swing. Not a bungee jump, but we were supposed to step off the platform which whisks you a dizzying 148 feet! Gary went first. His battle cry was “Geronimo!” Tobey went next – calm, as always! I was next up and wasn’t sure I wanted to go once I was out at the platform. I think they gave me a nudge because I was flying before I knew it – and screaming my head off. Gary took the video and I was outvoted, so here it is.

Sue on Tarzan swing

Ann was last and they helped her exit with a little nudge and she screamed, too!

Thank goodness, we all survived it – and I don’t have to do it again!!! (too soon, Tobey says).

We had lunch at Ledy’s Soda and played cards and hung out this afternoon. Tomorrow we are on the road again heading to La Fortuna.

No comments: