Travel with Tobey and Sue

Travel with Tobey and Sue
Tobey and Sue in Africa

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

October 11, 2014 - Camp Cheerio, NC

Breakfast was at 8 this morning, then back to sewing. I had a quilt top I had finished years ago in my Ft. Collins quilting group that I brought along to actually finish.
I managed to get the entire thing quilted and trimmed. One of the women taught us a new binding method, so I tried it and got the entire quilt done! I had fabric left over, so I made a matching pillow case and I am pleased with the results.
Our group usually has a “show and tell” where we show quilts we have finished over the year, or tops we pieced this weekend. After the show and tell we normally have a “quilt show” on Saturday afternoon where we hang all of the quilts outside on clothes lines along the railings. The weather this year did not cooperate – it rained and rained on Saturday, so it was too wet to put them out. Bummer! It is amazing to see the different talent from so many quilters. These are just a couple of the quilts from others in the group.

The Indian Guides and Indian Princesses were at Camp this weekend also with their dads. Saturday afternoon the groups that were doing crafts on the first floor of our building came up to visit us. The little girls were enthralled with what we were doing, and the dads were too! One of our group brought a bunch of butterfly quilt blocks she got at an estate sale and she let every little girl pick one to take home. The parade of girls never seemed to stop!

Dinner at 6 tonight was prime rib with garlic mashed potatoes, roasted and steamed veggies, and more of the camp’s wonderful breads. If you think the food on a cruise ship is good, this camp may beat them out! It rained all through dinner, but quit just before we left the dining hall and walked up the hill to the Sloan Center where we quilt. We have our sewing machines set up on the second floor of the building in this picture.

After dinner we played two more games of Left-Right-Center. I was the winner of the second game and came away with 9 yards of fabrics! WOOHOO!

I finished the night making two potholders and a fabric birthday card for someone in another “crafty” group which I belong to.
It was really too late to start another project – even though I wanted to! – so I started packing up my stuff since Tobey will be here at 9 tomorrow morning.

No comments: