Travel with Tobey and Sue

Travel with Tobey and Sue
Tobey and Sue in Africa

Saturday, October 11, 2014

October 10, 2014 - Camp Cheerio, NC

WOW! I am tired tonight! I quilted until 2am last night and woke up at 8:30 this morning, so it was a short night. That’s okay, though, because I got lots of quilting done!

Today, our group had so much fun. In addition to our own quilting projects, we spend lots of time visiting, offering suggestions, and playing some games. One game is “Left-Right-Center,” and of course, fabric pieces are involved. 

We also made Christmas ornaments as a surprise gift for Jennifer, the woman who organizes the retreat every year. She was surprised, so we did good!

We had a round-robin gift exchange that were had to be a sewing or quilting related item. I ended up with a beautiful tote bag that one of the women made and she put a journal and insulated cup inside. I started with a different gift bag, but in the exchange, it was stolen, not just once, but twice! I am really pleased with what I ended with.
The setting at Camp Cheerio is just beautiful. I had been waiting for the fall colors and they are here in the Glade Valley.

This afternoon it rained, and then poured, and lasted for quite a while. When the rain stopped, the fog rolled in over the valley and it was an amazing view!

The food at this YMCA camp is out of this world! Last night they fed us a wonderful pork tenderloin. Tonight’s dinner was blackened tuna, fresh veggies, beautiful salad bar, always beautiful desserts, and Portuguese cornbread. I could make a meal of just the cornbread – it is wonderful!

Earlier bedtime tonight – about midnight, so I should be really rested and ready to go in the morning! It will be another fun day, and we get the added benefit of having the Junior Guides at camp for the rest of the weekend. These little boys and girls are so cute – and it gets pretty noisy in the dining hall, but that’s what camp is all about.

I’m not sure what Tobey and Penny are up to, but I’ll let you know on Sunday!

No comments: