Travel with Tobey and Sue

Travel with Tobey and Sue
Tobey and Sue in Africa

Wednesday, September 2, 2026

September 2, 2026 - Little Falls, Minnesota to Clearwater, Minnesota

Tobey left Little Falls from Kiwanis Park on the Mississippi River this morning about 8:30 and we planned to meet at Sauk Rapids Municipal Park for lunch - about 32 miles down the road.

The park was beautiful and right on the river. Before he got there, I took a walk down the trail which ran through the park and arrived at the Bridge of Hope.

The foundation of the bridge was amazing!
I saw lots the Canada geese and ducks enjoying the river, too!

Tobey had a fun journey to meet me. These are some of the sites he saw as he was leaving Little Falls.

This section of highway was pretty good as he was rolling along. Looking to one side were fields of beans.


On the other side of the road were fields of corn.

Then the road changed again to not quite as good.

To really terrible!

He also went by a pretty church on his route.

And of course ... the Mississippi River!

He also saw some unusual signs as he was riding and tried to figure out if that was supposed to be the bike trail. He was not having any part of it!@

He finally decided they must be for a snowmobile route. As he got close to the park, he also went under the Bridge of Hope.

Tobey arrived a few minutes later and was still smiling!

We had some lunch and he rested for a while before heading out heading to Clearwater.

I walked again to get some exercise and he rode on. He spotted this Lion as he was leaving town, and of course, us being Lions, he stopped to take a picture.


We both spotted herons along the river but he managed to get a good picture.

And further along his route there was another dam.
As I headed out I passed by this house and had to stop and take pictures. One could only wish for gas prices as cheap as these!!

I wasn't too far from here when he called me and told me to stop at the Clemens Gardens in St. Cloud a little further down the road. WOW! It was a great stop. I spent more than a half hour walking around and taking pictures - even though the temperature had risen into the mid-80s.



It's not a great picture but there are gray and black squirrels here - and they are fast.

I was back on the road and caught up to Tobey when he was just a few miles outside of Clearwater. The trail in this area is new and had lots of shade - and kept him off the road.

Rounding a bend I saw this but I couldn't stop to get a picture of this - but Tobey did on his bike! It always amazes me what some people collect and keep as yard art!
We met at the library in Clearwater and are able to use their internet - yeah! He has about a mile to go to our camp spot which he will do after a rest and we will settle in for the night. Today's ride was 54 miles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love all the pics of the midwest! Almost makes me miss being there...😊😉