Travel with Tobey and Sue

Travel with Tobey and Sue
Tobey and Sue in Africa

Sunday, August 30, 2026

August 27, 2026 - Mystic Lake Casino, Prior Lake, Minnesota


This evening was the premiere prelude to Tobey’s bike ride – seeing Kansas and Deep Purple in concert! After dinner we walked from the campground up to the casino and our fourth-row center seats for the concert. It was AWESOME!!


The music was great and we enjoyed being so close. This theatre seats over 2000 people and while it wasn’t completely full – it was pretty close.

Kansas played first. I don’t know if I had ever heard an electric violin before, but my goodness, Joe Deninzon was awesome! They played for 90 minutes then an intermission before Tobey’s favorite, Deep Purple, took the stage.
Here comes Deep Purple!!

https://youtu.be/NzIk4e-sNgU

Needless to say, “Smoke on the Water” had everyone rocking. Deep Purple also played for 90+ minutes before calling it a night. Everyone one of the musicians was amazing and we heard lots of instrument solos.

Unfortunately, because of copyright laws, I can’t post any of the music I recorded, but trust me, both bands were amazing! We walked back to the RV and got to see part of the lunar eclipse. A fun way to end the night!

No comments: